Gold Star Auto & Wave Wireless
Flag Day $500 Medallion Hunt
Today you get clue number one;
Come join me now we’ll have some fun!
Search high, search low, search all around;
On 506 or City ground.
Be nice and don’t tear up the town;
I’m just sitting waiting to be found.
This year I did something new;
That’s all you get for this clue.
Where to look? Oh where to go?
I’m sure that you would like to know.
I might be different, you will see;
If you ever do find me.
Go to a place with lots of young folks;
Then you should be getting pretty close.
Things here could spin or they could slide;
Figure this out and that’s where I hide.
You’ve gone around and done your best;
But still can’t find out where I rest.
One way or another; here and there;
You say I do not play fair.
High and low; bottom and top;
Perhaps it’s best that you just stop.
Should you go left? Or maybe right?
Guess what? I am in plain sight.
Three types of these is where I’m near;
So let this clue help take you here.
First would be a place of speed;
Now listen up and then take heed.
Some made by bears with painting pails;
And last an iron horse on rails.
Near danger you will never be;
On your quest to go find me.
Today might be your lucky day;
With the number seven we will play.
A seven on the north you’ll spy;
And a seven to the south, Oh my!
Look out; now here comes the riddle;
I’m in a seven in the middle.
If you want that Flag Day cash;
You’ll need to bolt when you dash.
1. The Medallion is hidden on Public Land owned by the City of Altamont Kansas, in or out of the city limits, or land owned by USD 506 in the city limits. Searchers must not trespass on private property, in any way deface property or violate any laws.
2. There will be NO NEED for any climbing, digging, or disassembling of any object to find the Medallion. The Medallion is “not inside” any locked building. Though no digging is required, some light uncovering of thin material may be needed to expose the Medallion. The City of Altamont Chief of Police, Gold Star Auto, and Wave Wireless reserve the right to discontinue the hunt at any time if public or private property is destroyed.
3. THE MEDALLION IS NOT HIDDEN IN THE CEMETERY OR THE GROUNDS IMMEDIATELY SURROUNDING THE CEMETERY.
4. Anyone is eligible to join the hunt for the Medallion, except employees and family members of Gold Star Auto and Wave Wireless.
5. The first clue will be given Monday prior to the Flag Day Celebration at 9:00 a.m. Subsequent clues will be given each day at that time, with a total of six. Clues will be posted at 9:00 a.m. daily at Gold Star Auto, Wave Wireless, City of Altamont, Altamont Cable Channel 3, Altamont Recreation Commission and Wave Wireless Facebook page, www.wavewls.com and www.altamontks.com.
6. The finder shall, as soon as possible, report to Jack Leake (620-820-3941.) Upon verification, the finder will receive a check for $500. The winners name will be announced at Flag Day.
7. If the Medallion is not found and turned in by 5:00 p.m. Saturday, the hunt will be terminated.
8. The City of Altamont, Flag Day Committee, Gold Star Auto, and Wave Wireless, assume no responsibility for accidents or injuries sustained by participants. We urge participants to use reasonable safety precautions, and use good judgment and sportsmanship.